Add 1 large teaspoon to 500ml of boiling water, allow to brew for 10-15 minutes.
Drink tea hot or set aside to chill.
The tea leaves can be re-brewed up to 3 times.
Australian Bush plants are amazing in the kitchen!
For other great recipes and tips click on the Recipes tab.
Ingredients: Organic Strawberry Gum
Strawberry Gum (Eucalyptus Olida) is a unique and interesting plant with a rich berry flavour and aroma.
These Strawberry Gumtree leaves are quite potent and just a small amount will add a unique Australian flavour to your hot or iced teas and cooking.
Helps maintain healthy skin
Helps to improve digestion
High in antioxidants
High vitamin C content – helps with normal collagen function in skin
High essential oil content
Strawberry Gum Scones
2 tbsp Strawberry Gum, ground
1 cup self-raising flour
1 cup cream
1 cup lemonade
1 tbsp milk
100g strawberries, roughly chopped
1 egg white
1. Preheat oven to 225 degrees or 200 degrees fan forces. Line a large tray with baking paper or spray with oil.
2. In a large bowl, sift flour. In a separate bowl combine the lemonade and cream. Now gently fold in the flour, strawberries and Strawberry Gum until the mixture has just combined. The dough should be soft and only slightly sticky.
3. Place the dough on a lightly floured bench, and using a knife or a small cookie cutter cut the dough to desired size (we cut into 5cm cubes).
4. Place the scones on a baking tray and brush egg wash over the top of the scones with a brush, bake for 10-15 minutes or until slightly golden.
5. Enjoy your delicious antioxidant packed scones.
Strawberry Scones Tip:
The scones are even better (and Australian) when served with Quandong jam, crushed macadamias and cream!