Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 50g butter
- 350g mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup double cream
- 2 teaspoons Roogenic Native Pepperberries, ground
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp corn flour (optional)
- Add butter to a pan, once melted add mushrooms and sauté until golden and soft. Set aside in a bowl for later.
- In the same pan, add beef stock, cream, ground Roogenic Pepperberries, garlic and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 5-10 minutes stirring constantly until the sauce thickens slightly and can coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Add the mushrooms to the sauce and serve over steak, vegetables or chicken.
OPTIONAL: For a thicker sauce, mix 1 tsp of cornflour with 2 tsp of water in a bowl and stir until the cornflour is dissolved. Pour the cornflour into the Pepperberry sauce, stirring constantly. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
TIP: This dish is great served with Roogenic Lemon Myrtle & Pepperberry Infused Olive Oil to give a real Australian culinary experience.