Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cooking Time: 60 minutes
Note: The Chicken needs to be marinated 24 hours before cooking.
- 1 whole chicken, butterflied
- 2 brown onions, cut into quarters
- 4 potatoes, cut into eights
- 4 tsp of Roogenic Anti-Inflammitea tea (grinded between fingers)
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil or duck/goose fat
- 2 tsp Roogenic raw honey
- 2 lemons, sliced and juiced
- 2 tsp Roogenic Pepperberries, ground
- Optional: 1/2 tsp extra of Roogenic Lemon Myrtle spice
- 1 tsp salt
- Make the marinade 24 hours before cooking the chicken.
- In a large mixing bowl, start by mixing all the marinade ingredients together including the Roogenic Anti-Inflammitea Tea.
- In a deep baking dish, place onions and potatoes on the base and the butterflied chicken on top.
- Then generously marinade the chicken and vegetables with the marinade, wrap the baking dish in plastic wrap and leave it to sit in the fridge for approximately 24 hours.
- Before cooking, preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the baking tray and cover with foil, bake for 40 minutes covered. After 40 minutes remove the foil and bake for a further 20-30 minutes uncovered or until the chicken is cooked. Enjoy!
SHOP FOR ROOGENIC NATIVE ANTI-INFLAMMITEA NOW