This delicious Salt Bush is a great substitute for salt as you know it. It imparts a unique salted herb flavour with a slight herbal aroma to bring an inspiring native addition to your spice collection.
Scientific name: Atriplex nummularia
These statements have not been evaluated by the TGA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. For medical advice please seek the guidance of a qualified medical practitioner before using our products.
Native Salt Bush is a delicious shrub that has been utilized by Indigenous communities throughout the dry inland regions of mainland Australia. It has a deep Earthy fragrance and has a unique flavour that resembles slight qualities of salt, green tea, and rosemary. The green-grey shrub can act as a flavour enhancer and has traditionally been used to flavour meat, bread, and doughs, however, it can be a great substitute for salt. Try incorporating it into pasta, sauces, marinades and seafood to add an Australian twist to common dishes.
- As a seasoning to a wide variety of savoury dishes
- Experiment with adding a salted twist to sweet creations
- Add to cocktails as a secret ingredient
- As a spice rub or seasoning
- Australian Salt Bush makes a great alternative to table salt due to its low sodium content. The bush is also a great source of antioxidants, vitamin E, calcium, magnesium and protein.
- Check back regularly for exciting recipes ideas coming soon!