- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp Roogenic Aniseed Myrtle, grounded
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 125g butter
- 2 tbs golden syrup
- 1 tbs water
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat fan-forced over to 175C.
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Add the sugar, rolled oats, Roogenic Aniseed Myrtle and coconut.
- In a saucepan melt the butter, once mantled add the golden syrup and water. Once combined add the bicarbonate soda and stir until well combined.
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Roll the dough into walnut-sized balls and place them slightly apart from each other on a baking sheet (you don’t need to butter or line it).
- Flatten the balls a little with the palm of your hand and bake them in the oven for around 10-12 mins until they are golden brown and slightly firm on top. Leave the cookies on a cooling rack for around 15 mins before serving.