- 80 g flaked almonds
- 200g white sugar
- Zest of half an orange
- 2 eggs
- 100 g vegetable oil
- 150 g self-raising flour
- 150g plain flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 210g Roogenic Honey infused with Lemon Myrtle
- 200g boiling water
- ⅛ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 200g Roogenic Honey infused with Lemon Myrtle
- Juice of one orange
- Thoroughly grease a 22-centimetre ring tin. Heat oven to 175C fan-forced.
- Spread the flaked almonds (for syrup) on a tray and toast in the oven until golden, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Place the sugar and orange zest into the blender. Mix on Turbo and repeat if necessary; the zest should be well incorporated.
- Add all the other ingredients in the order listed and mix until well combined to create a pourable batter. It may need a stir to help combine all of the ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- While the cake is in the oven, make the syrup. Squeeze the juice from one orange into a saucepan. Add 200 grams of honey and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally, if the mixture starts to boil up stir more regularly and reduce the temperature slightly.
- Allow the cake to rest for 5 minutes or so, then remove it from the tin on to a wire cooling rack. Set the rack over a tray or plate to catch any drips.
- Spoon a little less than half the hot honey syrup over the cake. Add the toasted almonds to the remaining syrup in the saucepan, swirl them through, and spoon this over the cake, making sure it is all used to form a thick almond crust.
← Older Post
Newer Post →