Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
500g dried spaghetti
- 4 Tablespoons Roogenic Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil infused with Lemon Myrtle & Pepperberry
- 1/2 cup regular olive oil
- 8 large garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup parsley, freshly sliced
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated, plus extra for serving
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon of salt to the water, add the pasta and cook according to the directions on the package. Set aside 1 cup of the pasta cooking water before you drain the pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat the regular olive oil over medium heat in a large pot. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the red pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds more. Add the reserved pasta-cooking water to the garlic and oil and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, add 2 teaspoons of salt and simmer for about 5 minutes until the liquid is reduced by about a third.
- Add the drained pasta to the garlic sauce and toss. Remove off the heat, add the parsley and Parmesan and toss well to combine. Taste for seasoning, drizzle with Roogenic Lemon Myrtle & Pepperberry Infused Olive Oil and serve warm with extra Parmesan on the side.