- 2 tbsps Native Strawberry Tea, ground
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup lemonade
- 1 tbsp milk
- 100g strawberries, roughly chopped
- 1 egg white, for egg wash
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees or 200 degrees fan forces. Line a large tray with baking paper or spray with oil (alternatively, do the same with a muffin tray).
- In a large bowl, sift flour. In a separate bowl combine the lemonade and cream. Now gently fold in the flour, strawberries and the Roogenic Native Strawberry Tea until the mixture has just combined. The dough should be soft and only slightly sticky.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured bench, and using a knife or a small cookie cutter cut the dough to the desired size (we cut into 5cm cubes).
- Place the scones on a baking tray (or you can place them into a muffin tray) and brush egg wash over the top of the scones with a brush, bake for 10-15 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Enjoy your antioxidant packed scones.
Tip: The scones are even better (and extremely Australian) when served with Quandong jam, crushed macadamias, and cream!