Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced finely
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1kg pumpkin, skin removed, cut into 4-6cm cubes.
- 1 cup raw cashews (plus extra for garnish)
- 3 tablespoons Roogenic Anti-Inflammitea Tea
- 3 teaspoons salt
- A handful of parsley roughly chopped.
- Soak the cashew nuts by placing the cashews in a bowl and covering them with water by an inch, soak at room temp for up to 4 hours. If you're in a hurry you can soak them for 15 minutes in very hot but not boiling water.
- In a large pot over medium high heat, sauté onions in oil until they are soft and translucent. Add minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Turn heat down to medium-low and add vegetable broth, Roogenic Anti-Inflammitea Tea and pumpkin to the pot. Bring to a simmer and cook for 30-45 minutes (or until the pumpkin is tender). Add the soaked cashew nuts.
- In small batches, place batches of the soup in a blender and blend until smooth. Repeat this step until you have pureed all the pumpkin soup.
- Once pureed add the salt and mix through the pumpkin soup mix. To serve garnish with some crushed cashews and a sprinkle of parsley.