Basic Brewing Instructions
- Add 1 large teaspoon to 500ml of boiling water, allow to brew for 10-15 minutes.
- Drink tea hot or set aside to chill.
- The tea leaves can be re-brewed one more time.
Our Famous Roogenic Iced Tea Recipe
- Remove the Basic Brew from the fridge.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice per cup, according to taste.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of honey per cup, according to taste. We use our Roogenic Australian Honey & Lemon Myrtle.
- 1 teaspoon of tea per 500ml of water will make Please note: 2 cups of tea, so you will need double the amount of lemon juice and honey for a full brew.
Our Roogenic Native Anti-Inflammitea combines the well-known properties of Turmeric with three Australian superfoods including Native Lemongrass, Lemon Myrtle and Tasmanian Pepperberries to calm and ease inflammation in the body.
Native lemongrass itself has been found by Griffiths University to act as a natural aspirin and relieve pain, while the combination of the Lemon Myrtle, Pepperberries and Black Pepper in the tea work to help the body absorb and digest the turmeric, encouraging the anti-inflammatory properties to excel in the body and improve overall wellbeing.
Perfect hot or cold, the tea can be consumed as your water intake for the day and also makes an exceptional turmeric latte.
At Roogenic we do take huge pride in sustainably sourcing our organic superfoods across Australia, ensuring we support and nurture Indigenous communities.
Ingredients: Organically Grown Lemon Myrtle, Organic Turmeric, Organic Mint, Organically Grown Native Lemongrass, Black Pepper, Wild Harvested Pepperberries.
Information on the traditional uses and properties of Australian Bush Plants and Herbs are provided on this site is for educational use only, and is not intended as medical advice. If you have any serious health concerns, you should always check with your health care practitioner before self-administering Australian Bush Plant and Herbs.
This amazing Australian bush plant is loaded with antioxidants and is high in citral, which has anti-inflammatory and immune boosting properties and the ability to combat bacteria, viruses and fungi.
Turmeric is made up of curcumin, which contains powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which can boost the immune system and activate the body’s own defence systems.
Famed for its digestion soothing effect, mint also has one of the highest concentrations of a range of antioxidants, essential for maintaining wellbeing.
Traditionally used to treat muscle cramps, skin conditions, headaches, fever and respiratory tract infections. Recent scientific research is lauding its painkilling properties.
Pepperberries are different to conventional black pepper as they can aid improved digestion and are packed in antioxidants. They have traditionally been used to soothe heartburn.
Black pepper is essential to ensure the body’s absorption of curcumin in turmeric.
- Check back regularly for exciting recipes ideas coming soon!