Have you been feeling overwhelmed and stressed lately? You certainly are not alone.
We know how tough it can be to take care of yourself while trying to keep up with busy schedules, take care of a family, and maintain a career. At Roogenic, we’re dedicated to bringing the healing power of Australian bushfoods to our customers to help naturally promote relaxation, decrease stress, and support overall wellness.
If you are dealing with symptoms of stress and anxiety, the good news is that there are ways to naturally reduce stress. Here, we’ll cover our top tips for improving mindfulness, decreasing stress, and the best products to help you feel calmer and more at ease.
What Are the Health Impacts of Anxiety and Stress?
- Muscle tension or pain
- Low mood
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Stomach upset
- Trouble sleeping
- Lack of motivation
- Trouble focusing
What Is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is a type of meditation focused on being aware of what you are feeling, experiencing, and sensing in the current moment.
Mindfulness involves guided imagery, breath work, and other ways to ease an overactive mind and relax the mind and body. It is an amazing way to naturally decrease stress, feel more relaxed, and feel connected with the world around you.
Roogenic’s Top Tips for Mindfulness
There are many easy ways to practice mindfulness exercises. Some of the best ways to practice mindfulness include:
- Live in the Moment – Rather than focusing on the past or thinking of what you have to do tomorrow, practice experiencing the current moment.
- Pay Attention – Many times, we are so focused on our ‘to-do’ lists and tasks that we forget to experience the moment. Practice using all of your senses to engage with your environment.
For instance, use all your senses and pay attention to what you hear, smell, and see next time you are on a walk in nature. Are the birds chirping? Is the wind blowing? Is it sunny or cloudy? How does the bark on the trees feel? Take time to enjoy the touch, sound, sight, and all the senses of the world around you.
- Practice Breathwork – When you experience negative or stressful thoughts, take a few moments to remove yourself from that mindset. Try sitting down, closing your eyes, and taking a series of deep, intentional breaths – in through your nose, out through your mouth, and focusing on filling your belly as you inhale. Notice how it feels as the breath moves in and out of your lungs. Practice deep breathing for one or two minutes before resuming your activities.
- Pay Attention to How You Treat Yourself – What is your self-talk like? Practice treating yourself and talking to yourself the way you would treat a loved one or friend.
- Get Outside – Practicing mindfulness exercises in nature is an especially effective way to naturally decrease stress and calm your body (try watching birds, watching clouds, reading outside, taking a walk, watching the sunrise or sunset, or listening to the waves crash on the beach as you work on your breathing exercises and being more present)
How Often To Practice Mindfulness
Mindfulness exercises can be practiced as often as needed. If possible, try to incorporate mindfulness into your daily routine.
You can make it a habit by setting aside time every day to focus on mindfulness exercises. Many people find starting the day with breath work or meditating is a great way to get ready for the day, set positive intentions, and get focused.
Or, you may enjoy practicing mindfulness as a calming bedtime routine. Take some time to discover what works best for you. With time, practicing mindfulness will become easier and more of a habit.
Tips for Reducing Stress
Here are proven tips to help you reduce stress and ways to support overall wellness:
- Exercise regularly
- Partake in calming activities such as colouring or reading
- Drink herbal tea, especially teas designed to promote a calm, relaxed mood
- Limit your use of technology
- Start a gratitude journal or diary
- Make time to enjoy your favourite hobbies
- Get consistent, good quality sleep
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet
- Avoid tobacco use
- Avoid excess caffeine and alcohol consumption
What Are the Best Products To Help Reduce Stress and Promote Overall Well-Being
At Roogenic, we’ve created an entire collection of wellness products devoted to helping you feel your best.
Here are our top recommendations for products to help you decrease stress, promote relaxation, and support overall well-being.
- Enjoy a Sleep Tea before bed every night to help promote deep, restful sleep (we highly recommend our Native Sleep Tea or Loose Leaf Jilungin Tea for a natural way to get a great night of sleep)
- Sip our Native Relaxation Tea, a naturopathically accredited blend featuring native bushfoods to help naturally calm your mind and body
- Cut down on caffeine consumption with by swapping out your daily coffee or caffeinated drinks with relaxing tea – we offer many 100% caffeine free wellness teas or uplifting teas with enough caffeine to help you feel refreshed and revived without the crash
- Write down what you are grateful for in one of our beautiful, high-quality journals
- Use Australian native herbs and spices to add natural flavour and nutrition to your bushfood recipes and cooking
Learn More About Reducing Stress and Improving Wellness with RoogenicIf you would like to learn more about our wellness teas, Australian native herbs and spices, and other wellness products, we welcome you to reach out to us. We would love to answer any of your questions or offer you personalised product advise.